If you`re in the market for a mobile phone and are considering a contract with Telkom, you may be wondering about the qualifications you need to meet in order to be approved for their service. Here`s what you need to know.
1. Credit score: Telkom, like most mobile network providers, will run a credit check on you before approving you for a contract. Having a good credit score will increase your chances of approval. If you have a poor credit score, you may still be approved, but you may be required to pay a higher deposit or face other restrictions.
2. Proof of income: You`ll need to show Telkom that you have a steady source of income that will allow you to make your monthly payments. This can be in the form of payslips or bank statements. If you`re self-employed, you may need to provide additional documentation to prove your income.
3. Identification: You`ll need to provide Telkom with a copy of your ID or passport as proof of your identity. This is to prevent fraud and ensure that the contract is being taken out by the person who will be using the phone.
4. Age: In order to qualify for a Telkom contract, you need to be at least 18 years old. If you`re under 18, you may be able to get a contract in your parent or guardian`s name.
5. Residency: Telkom contracts are only available to South African residents. You`ll need to provide proof of your address, such as a utility bill or lease agreement.
6. Employment status: You don`t necessarily need to be employed to qualify for a Telkom contract, but you do need to have a source of income that will allow you to make your payments. This could be in the form of a pension, disability grant, or other form of government support.
If you meet these qualifications, you should be able to qualify for a Telkom phone contract. Keep in mind that the specific requirements may vary depending on the type of contract you`re applying for and your individual circumstances. It`s always a good idea to read the terms and conditions carefully before signing any contract.